Thursday, October 12, 2023

The Retired: Joyful Reunion

 Joyful Reunion is one of those decks that has a better combo that I'm just stubbornly refusing to utilize. 

2 Birds of Paradise
4 Carrion Feeder
4 Heartmender
4 Juniper Order Ranger
4 Kitchen Finks
2 Melira, Sylvok Outcast

2 Abeyance
4 Tragic Slip
2 Silence
3 Altar's Reap

7 Forest
1 Murmuring Bosk
3 Plains
2 Swamp
2 Evolving Wilds
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
4 Shattered Sanctum

2 Safewright Quest
2 Caravan Vigil
2 Oust

The original combo involves Melira, of course, but then sensibly used Murderous Redcap and a sacrifice outlet to win. Using Kitchen Finks is a great way to not die, but it isn't as effective a way to win. 

So, like many almost got there decks I have, the Glory of Cool Things is winning out over doing something well. If the deck was still fun, I suppose that wouldn't matter, but I just haven't put that kind of spin on it-and I don't know that I can. So let's let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment