Thursday, September 27, 2012

Look Up

This is one of the very first decks, if not the first deck I ever built using the very simple theme of 'flyers are good'. So I called it Look Up.
2 Zephyr Falcon
2 Sea Sprite
1 Mahamoti Djinn
2 Pride of the Clouds
1 Commander Eesha
2 Vendilion Clique
2 Stonecloaker
2 Serra Angel
4 Thieving Magpie
1 Radiant, Archangel
2 Duskrider Falcon
3 Condescend
3 Disenchant
3 Counterspell
4 Humble

2 Faith's Fetters

10 Plains
10 Island
4 Adarkar Wastes
It's undergone a few changes over the years: Wrath of God was in there once and cards like Vendilion Clique have been newer additions but I've always tried to keep odd older cards like Zephyr Falcon in there to stay true to my own ideals of keeping those older cards alive and fun.

I broke this deck out the other day against another U/W deck and lost.

And I kept thinking to myself: Why am I losing to this shit? Nothing against the player but I'm pretty sure the deck was over sixty cards and lacked the kind of focus I thought this one had so was it just bad beats or is this a bad deck?

Maybe it just needs some serious lovin'. So it's time for an update!

Obvious removal: Mahmoti Djinn, because there are better flyers for the cost. Pride of the Clouds might be better as more Duskrider Falcons and Sea Sprites, for consistency's sake but Favorable Winds might be a hard to deal with accelerant to winning. Either way, it's time to break out this one and clean it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment