Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tinkertoy

A rarity! I deck I've built that doesn't take its name from either a song or an old school Transformer. But it seemed like a good title for a deck that wanted to put tiny pieces together over and over again.
4 Ghostly Prison 
2 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Grinding Station
3 Helm of Awakening
3 Wayfarer's Bauble
2 Skycloud Egg
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
3 AEther Spellbomb
2 Sunbeam Spellbomb
3 Talisman of Progress 
3 Auriok Salvagers
4 Vedalken Archmage
3 Myr Servitor 
2 Brain Freeze 
3 Plains
10 Island
2 Flood Plain
4 Ancient Den
4 Skycloud Expanse
So here's the plan: use Vedalken Archmage and Helm of Awakening to play artifacts for free and draw a bunch of cards every time I do so. Eventually I draw into a Brain Freeze and mill the opponent for everything. 

As a backup plan use Grinding Station and Myr Servitor to mill them out.

I have a feeling that this deck won't be as easy to update as the past two decks. I hope I'm wrong but my recollection is that Tinkertoy has always suffered from an "all or nothing" syndrome where it either clicks or utterly misfires and the misfires happen a lot more frequently. With a few years between the time I've put this deck together and now, there are bound to be cards I can add to this deck. Plus, I get to subject my opponents to the terrible (but mentally taxing!) gameplan of slowly milling them to death!

Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment