Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Does It Suck?

There isn't much to do when you're on the road from Nevada to Washington except listen to really terrible country music radio, unless of course, you're stuck with the Jesus channel, or the barely tolerable Spanish pop station. So I thought about the deck and I came to a conclusion:

Call of the Herd should be cut. I need to make this deck either a) faster or b) more defensible. Well, generating a 3/3 isn't going to do either of those things, even if I can get two of them for an affordable price.

So. Liliana should come in, maybe? I don't know. I'm going to try Read the Bones and Languish. Read should help accelerate my combo and Languish should give me time, right?

Except when I goldfish the deck, it just feels like I'm missing something. Before I had Read the Bones I had put in Liliana and Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, and Vraska, the Unseen. Essentially attempting to use raw power to get around the issue that's nagging me about this deck that I can't quite articulate.

Because the concept is solid and I've been streamlining the card selection down to help bring the concept to the forefront, yet testing the deck by myself has felt unsatisfying. Maybe bouncing this deck off actual opponents will change that feeling. But adding power didn't feel satisfactory, so I'm hoping card draw will help.

Next up; Shadows over Innistrad thoughts, and I've got a Doomtown event Wednesday and that always means new and weird interactions with the concept of losing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment