Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Eject Is 1.5

I've been tinkering with the last two slots in Eject for weeks now. Deputy of Acquittals and Familiar's Ruse both had starting slots for awhile and I'd started to think that it didn't matter.

Because I'd played Eject against a deck Matt was piloting with Jace the Mind Sculptor and Liliana of the Veil to a dead heat, 2-2. If you can hold your own against two of the best plainswalkers ever printed, you're doing OK I think.

I'd been playing against Black/Blue decks Noah's got and getting some wins. Once again, burn is my worst matchup. I'd have have a sideboard for red decks if I went to a tournament.


I then threw Eject against a run of decks Fuz piloted and came out on top.

I still didn't know what to do about those last two cards...but did it matter? This deck is a decent one, with a nice selection of answers, solid tempo and decent draws. I didn't miss Zealous Guardians at all.

I've added Port Town to Eject in order to improve my mana and haven't noticed any problems. I'm not sure that things are better but they certainly aren't worse.

Then it finally hit me: Meddling Mage. That's what I should have here: a card that can effectively help with almost any matchup and boost my own tempo, while getting the benefits from Thistledown Liege.

This is a card that interacts well with everything I'm doing and can be a 4/4 to boot!

However, at this point I think I'm done with Eject. It's a solid deck that I've improved in notable ways. I'll call that a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment