Tuesday, March 27, 2018

RIX for Cube

These were the cards from Rivals of Ixalan that I added to my Garbage Cube.

Blazing Hope
Cherished Hatchling
Dinosaur Hunter
River Darter
Reckless Rage
Unknown Shores

Of these, I suppose Reckless Rage is the best worst. Doing damage to your own creatures when your creatures are bad seems bad. However, doing 4 damage to an opponent's creature at instant for R is pretty good. I might have to keep my eye on that one: my hope is that the drawback is bad enough in the format I've created that it's a legitimate issue.

Cherished Hatchling, Dinosaur Hunter and River Darter all fall into the same category: Cards that are utterly useless when removed from their native environment. There aren't enough dinosaurs for any of those cards to be truly useful.

Blazing Hope is so weird. I had to include it just because of that.

And Unknown Shores, though a reprint, is good for a set like mine that wants a lot of mana fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment