Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Persuasion

After a checkup at Deckstats, the mana ratios looked pretty good-tilted slightly towards blue but given I wanted UU on turn two, I felt good about that. Even so, I thought I should update that base so I could more reliably have double blue on turn two, so I've added in Port Town to help with that.

I took the deck up against Jason for a day. It made for some interesting games but he said a few things at the end.

"I was least scared of Venerable Monk."

Well that's fair.

"And you're only running how many Reverence? Dude, your combo is Godhead/Reverence!"

Good point. OK. Let's evaluate: I haven't even looked into creatures that blink my stuff but there's bound to be some help in that area, too.

Restoration Angel and Deadeye Navigator both seem like solid possibilities-the Angel more than the Navigator. Deadeye is expensive to cast and, while abuseable via repeat activation, I'm not sure it'll be worth running.

Riftwake Cloudskate might be helpful solving permanents I can't get around, bouncing non-creatures. Ixalan's Binding should contribute to a space Jason said was sorely lacking: interaction with my opponent. Plus, it helps reinforce the control elements set by Voidstone Gargoyle. So that's the direction I'll take this in.

No comments:

Post a Comment