Tuesday, November 20, 2018

What If I Had To Scold You

King of the Rotten is performing pretty well: I like it and I like where it's going.

But the last two slots are still in question.

After a few multiplayer games, Matt and Caitlin broke the deck down again. Izoni was still a big questionmark and Caitlin was scornful towards the card. "It's just so small," she said. The three of us talked about the problem with Deadbridge Chant, something Matt quickly agreed with my assessment of.

She went quiet, thumbing through her phone while Matt thumbed through the deck and pulled out Izoni, a Putrify and a Status/Statue.

"I think you've got so much removal you could probably take these out and add in some more 'low to the ground' threats," he said.

OK. So now what? I still want to have some frightening cards-things my opponent doesn't want to see and I have room on the curve for something big! There just isn't anything there for me.

"What about Hapatra?" Caitlin asks.

I am struck dumb for a moment, as she reads off the card's abilities. I was so focused on finding a high end answer to the solution I never even looked at the low end!

But Haptra, Vizier of Poisons has a synergistic ability with the Mimics, is G/B and is cheap! So I'm running her and a copy of Driven/Despair as a catch all, 'win now' card, since the abilities aren't irrelevant.

So, one more round of testing-and this week I'm headed up to Seattle to visit with my friend Jason and play a bunch of Magic, the new Transformers game and...I don't know what else. But the next post will go up on the 27th!

No comments:

Post a Comment