Thursday, January 3, 2019

Alignments

"Did you add in Deathrender?"

I'd been describing to Matt and Caitlin about the issues I'd been having with Dirge, which they'd seen played in the paper but not electronic realm, and they asked if I had added in what they suggested.

I had not. I had even written it down! But the discrepancy between decks had thrown me, so I had forgotten their suggestion.

Now I can make changes.

One thing I noticed was that there was a lot of potential death there-sacrifice of Blood Speaker, Xathrid Demon's upkeep, gameplay attrition- meant that Deathrender was a great suggestion. While that was going on, I was noticing that I was losing games where Mark of the Oni was in my hand because I had no demons in play to make that card useful.

I don't want to cut Mark entirely: it's a niche card but it's damn useful in the midgame. However, this is a weird little deck and so I cannot afford to run too many niche cards like this. Similarly, Kagemaro, First to Suffer is something I don't need multiples of because I can search for it with Blood Speaker.

Deathrender is useful whenever I can get it.

So a few cuts to add two Deathrender, and a few spicy notes, too! Two Merciless Resolve, in order to help keep the deck flowing/play into themes, a Demon of Dark Schemes in order to give the deck some inevitability and a reset button, and an Indulgent Tormentor because that card looks mean.

Let's get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment