Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Huh

I'm doing a little research to see what demons might fit at the four or five mana slots because while Scourge of Numai and Gutwrencher Oni aren't bad cards, they do not strike fear into the hearts of opponents in the way I would like.

But I'm ALSO keeping an eye on the Ravnica Allegiance spoilers because it's spoiler season and isn't that what we're all doing?

Which means you, too, might've seen this little slice of utter bonkers: Spawn of Mayhem.

And while I don't have any objections to beaters like Demonlord of Ashmouth or even Demon of Catastrophes (which plays nice with other sacrifice themes in Dirge), and lord knows I should be investing in Doom Whisperer just because the name works nicely with this deck's title, Spawn of Mayhem is a different caliber of nasty.

Because one of the biggest threats I can put down on turn three is often Ogre Marauder. I know it doesn't seem like much but every time I play that card, it draws removal while my opponent decides to take 3 from the Raving Oni-Slave.

Turn three threats are a pretty sweet deal and if I can push that threat level further, then that just might help move this deck to the next level of threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment