Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Brawl

Once upon a time, there was a deck called Blackjack, because with the combination of Pandemonium and Saproling Burst, you could do 21 damage to your opponent in one shot.

This was my take on it, named Brawl:
2 Venerable Monk
4 Spitemare
2 Ancient Hydra
4 Sparkcaster
4 Thornscape Familiar
3 Transluminant
2 Centaur Safeguard
2 Scuzzback Marauders
3 Skyshroud Elf
2 Teroh's Faithful

4 Pandemonium
3 Saproling Burst

2 Seed Spark

7 Mountain
3 Rith's Grove
4 Plains
8 Forest
1 Naya Panorama
As with a lot of my early deckbuilding efforts, I spend a lot of time trying to safeguard against my own downfall, in this case by adding in a bunch of lifegain, so that I don't die too quickly. I assumed I'd get a Pandemonium out and then have to endure a full turn without a Saproling Burst before winning.

There are also the obvious 'anti-Jason' countermeasures in Seed Spark, in order to keep me from dying to something as obnoxious as a Shared Fate.

There are a TON of cards that could be upgraded: Ancient Hydra and Teroh's Faithful to start but more as I dig in. It's been awhile since I took on a real combo deck, so I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment