Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Fisticuffs

First thing's first; as always, let's run this through the deckstats.net algo and see how structurally sound it is.

On the upside, the mana looks good.

On the downside, I can see the eight cards that are just flat out bad here, limited chaff that will not do what I need to be done.  Ancient Hydra, Teroh's Faithful and Sparkcaster all need to go-but admittedly, I knew that already.

What might be useful to work out is what the role of each color is here. That might help focus what it is that I should be doing here.

Red exists because Pandemonium is red. Green is there to help me get Saproling Burst out. White is there to extend my life total so I can last long enough to assemble the combo. So with that in mind, that's going be how I guide myself through picking new cards.

Along those lines, I'm starting to realize that if this is a combo deck (and it is) then why am I dinking around with things that don't help me get to or clear the way for my combo?

I need mana, I need to survive, and I need two enchantments. I think I'll start fixating on those things.

That means a lot of slots are going to be freed up allowing for some helpful cards like Pyroclasm and Commune with the Gods, Farseek and Cathartic Reunion to assist with doing what Brawl wants to do; Turn 3 Pandemonium, Turn 4 Saproling Burst.

This is a pretty big shift from what Brawl was doing but I've been playing long enough now to recognize that I shouldn't hold on to mistakes of the past just because. This deck is a combo deck. Let's let it BE a combo deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment