Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Suffer More

Wasting Away vs GW beasts
It was in the last few games that I recognized that Wasting Away is a control deck and control decks need control cards.

To that end, Kitesail Freebooter has been great! I was a little surprised by how useful it's been, and even midway through the game, it has been a handy card to have.

And although Gideon, Champion of Justice had done some work for me, it was never a card that I felt my opponents hated to see. When you're operating on the power margins, you definitely want to play cards your opponents wish you hadn't.

Enter, Utter End.

This card is really solid: on the curve, an instant, and takes care of things that the soft lock won't or can't. I don't need a second win condition: I just need to make sure the first one survives and Utter End helps with that.

So, I'm happy with this!
3 Basilisk Collar

2 Order of Leitbur
1 Order of the White Shield
4 Plague Spitter
3 Thrashing Wumpus
4 Kitesail Freebooter

3 Death Pits of Rath
3 Soul Link
4 Lashknife Barrier
1 Noxious Field

2 Utter End

11 Swamp
9 Plains
4 Shambling Vent

3 The Wanderer

3 Command the Dreadhorde

No comments:

Post a Comment