Thursday, December 19, 2019

Light 'Em Up


Red Alert vs GW Enchantress
I like where this ended. While Red Alert isn't a multiplayer deck by any means, it still performed well in those circumstances.

Similarly, I played against Fuz's GW Dinos and GW Enchantress decks and Red Alert did well there, too.

My favorite play got to happen: with two Auratogs on his side and a Satyr Firedancer on mine, I was able to use a Searing Blaze to bin both of them. 3 targets, 9 damage total? That's pretty good.

One curiosity was that I frequently found myself with too many lands-Chandra's +1 trigger often revealed a land, and in games when I lost, 10+ lands were involved-in exile, in play, in hand.

23 lands is not and overabundance of lands, though.

Cards on the table (so to speak) I'm worried about cutting a land for even something as cheap as another Mogg Fanatic because of the powerful four-drops in Red Alert.

On turn four, I really want to drop a Chandra, Torch of Defiance or Torbran and that means reliably having enough mana to do so, every time. It's fine to hit a land on the first activation of Chandra, since I'm frequently tapped out. But to do that when I have mana untapped feels like I'm missing an opportunity.

However. In matches against Noah, playing a reanimator deck, (yay, Worldgorger Dragon!) the mana flooding continued and I told him I what I was concerned about. He countered that I seemed to have enough card draw to make it work.

So here goes: a full four copies of Bonecrusher Giant, because the value on this card is bananas, and cut one Smoldering Crater.

3 Guttersnipe
3 Dire Fleet Daredevil
3 Bedlam Reveler
2 Mogg Fanatic
1 Torbran, Thane of Red Fell
4 Satyr Firedancer
4 Bonecrusher Giant

2 Burst Lightning
3 Chandra's Pyrohelix
3 Searing Blaze

19 Mountain
3 Smoldering Crater

4 Chandra, Torch of Defiance

2 Chain Lightning
4 Light Up the Stage

15 Sideboard
4 Abbot of Keral Keep
2 Blood Moon
3 Pyroblast
3 Smash to Smithereens
3 Skullcrack

No comments:

Post a Comment