Monday, December 16, 2019

Return To Posts

After the last few tweaks, I feel as though Red Alert is in a good position. I used the sideboard a little but I think I need more practice sideboarding. That's understandable, since I just started doing it, so sideboarding will be a new skill.

The maindeck, though, that's in a pretty good spot. Satyr Firedancer keeps shining, and the uses of Dire Fleet Daredevil have continued to surprise me.

The big weak link? Seems to be Samut's Sprint. I wanted to use this card for the creature boost and the scry but...well, I'm sure everyone knew that a change was needed here. I need something that does damage: Damage is always better than not-damage, right? If it drew a card, that might be useful but I've started poking around with something that might be just as good: Bonecrusher Giant.

The converted mana cost for Stomp is just two and the spell can be cast as an instant, which means that I can almost certainly cover that cost if I reveal it off a Light Up The Stage. The added value of getting a cheap creature I can cast to increase my threat count when I have the mana up-if, say, Chandra or Light Up The Stage fail to forward my board state-is a big deal.

The testing so far? It's working. In multiplayer games (where is not, admittedly, where Red Alert shines) both Matt and Caitlin agreed that Bonecrusher Giant was an improvement. Plus, the effect of Stomp gives me an out against certain protection strategies, which wasn't something I foresaw but was very glad to note when Swans of Bryn Argoll hit the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment