Tuesday, February 18, 2020

We Made A Sacrifice

Let's go over the changes first:

Ready to Die vs UB Faeries
I cut all the artifacts except for Mirari, then cut Mystic Melting, Pyrotechnics, Hull Breach, Bestial Menace and Collective Unconscious.

I added another Rampant Growth, four copies of Dragon Fodder, two Impact Tremors and three Cavalcade of Calamity. I also added a third copy of Overrun, because this deck needs a way to close games out, and most of my token generation made 1/1s.

I went looking into Planeswalkers that might generate tokens in these colors, and Garruk was too expensive but Tibalt, Rakish Instigator fell right in line.

I have to say, the revamp of Ready To Die went pretty well in the first outing. It runs much lower to the ground, with plays on turns one and two coming pretty regularly. This meant I could get early pressure in, while keeping pressure on in later turns via flashback, or by landing a Mirari and then on subsequent turns easily paying to duplicate my spells.

Well, most of them. Roar of the Wurm is a card I feel really torn on: Seven mana is a lot, even with the Rampant Growths to help me get there. Even cutting down to two copies, I couldn't play them when I wanted to.

So what to do?

One piece of advice I got from Noah was: More Tibalt. So I'll run 3 of those. I also went hunting for lands that do something with tokens and it turns out there are two: Dwarven Mine and Westvale Abbey. Now, Westvale Abbey is definitely on the 'glory of cool things' list but I figure one copy won't hurt. I've also put in a couple Make Mischief, although that may just be too cool and need to be something else.

Finally, and this I'm proud of, I added in a couple copies of Assault/Battery. More direct damage or a 3/3 token as needed? That seems like a perfect fit, even if I'm using it more for damage than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment