Thursday, September 10, 2020

176

That's the current air quality number in Portland. It's up a good 40 points since this morning. 300 is life threatening. 

I was supposed to meet up with a buddy today, play my first paper games of Magic in 6 months. I'd taken today off so we could meet up somewhere with almost nobody inside, play while there were no crowds, leave before people showed up. Masks on, no touching cards, all the smart, sane stuff one can do.

Instead, the wildfires in Clackamas County have made it dangerous enough outside that people shouldn't leave if they don't have to. My roommate is feeling nauseous and has a headache. 

The pandemic has screwed up my ability to meet up with people, and climate change is fucking with our ability to breathe.

If politics is a game, are you playing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment