Thursday, September 24, 2020

Eliminated


 I ended up going in a slightly different direction, when I discovered that Scion of Oona was going for nearly $10 a pop. I don't know that I want to spend $40 on a deck that is good but definitely mid-tier. 

What I do have, though, is a bunch of copies of Archmage's Charm. It counters, it draws, and in rare instances it can even steal a permanent so...why not?

This meant leaning into a more controlling element of play. 

So I did that; we've got a couple Mystic Sanctuary to reuse my spells, and now it's a matter of seeing how leaning into the control elements work.

The first run is pretty positive: up against Fuz's zombie deck, a deck that uses a lot of recursion to make control elements mostly worthless, I was able to put a 2-1 win. 

In the next set  of games vs Dinosaurs, I couldn't quite come up with as strong a showing.

Fuz suggested Dovin, Hand of Control over Kasmina and I had to admit, Kasmina was underperforming in this deck. Her abilities weren't playing into what I wanted to do at four mana.

So it looks like a little more research needs to be done to fill the last two slots.

No comments:

Post a Comment