Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Stone Meadows

 After seeing this video from ThrabenU, I got excited, because I have many of the components to make this deck work! Although I only own one Phrexian Dreadnought, I do have a full suite of Hunted Phantasm and Hunted Lammasu. (I'm still gonna run the Dreadnought!)

Stone Meadows is named from the song by Bartees Strange, just 'cause I like the song and when I was crunching this deck together, I needed to get a name on it. 

Here's the starting list:

4 Hushbringer
4 Hunted Phantasm
4 Hunted Lammasu
1 Phyrexian Dreadnought
4 Tocatli Honor Guard

4 Banishing Light

2 Dovin, Hand of Control
2 Jace, Architect of Thought

4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Stifle
3 Azorius Charm

4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Hengegate Pathway/Mistgate Pathway
7 Plains
7 Island

For people who didn't want to click the video, the basic concept is this: With a Hushbringer or Tocatli Honor Guard out, I can play large creatures that otherwise would have a pretty big drawback, without the drawback. After that, close the game as fast as I can. 

Stifle is there to give me extra copies of Hushbringer's effect, while also being a pretty versatile spell against my opponents, Banishing Light to do Banishing things, along with a small suite of draw and Planeswalker spells. And Azorius Charm feels like a nice catchall spell. 

So let's give it a run. 




No comments:

Post a Comment