Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Inferno

The blog hit 1,000 posts last week! Which is pretty cool. Thanks to everyone who has followed along. 

Here's an idea that never seemed to come together.

3 Goblin Charbelcher

4 Chartooth Cougar

2 Beacon of Destruction
4 Incinerate
4 Flame Burst
2 Violent Eruption
4 Scrap
2 Fault Line
4 Fated Conflagration
4 Spikefield Hazard

19 Mountain

1 Chandra, the Firebrand
3 Chandra, Heart of Fire

2 Flamebreak
2 Tormenting Voice

Charbelcher decks in Legacy have been glass cannoning their way through the format for a decade now, always fun but never really competitive. This was my take on it-more grindy and really never in the wheelhouse of Red's strengths.

Updating it could've been a thing-Red has a whole new way to dig through the library that just didn't exist when I first built this deck. Otherwise, what you have is a one-bun burn deck that was hoping to stall long enough to Charbelcher to a win. 

But I cannot tell you how many times I would have to activate Charbelcher in desperation to do all of two damage. That's just a bad use of mana. 

I was going to consider this deck as part of The Retired series, just a few days ago...but then I had some inspiration

And I'll show you where that took me on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment