Thursday, April 14, 2022

Feels Like No One

Xnoybis vs GB Learn

Once I decided to address where Xnoybis was falling short, looking for mass removal that would be appropriate was my first step. I went with White, because the mana demands for trying to utilize Black mass removal would mean either a poorly done or expensive investment in the mana base. A little search later: Doomskar became my removal of choice. I can foretell it on turn two, and have mass removal as soon as turn three. Turn three board wipes should offer me plenty of time to get this deck going. 

With mass removal added, though, that means Swords to Plowshares becomes less useful. What does become important is that I have WW by turn three and that means trying to get lands out of my deck. 

Enter Dig Up. A card mostly ignored from Crimson Vow, utilizing a mechanic that I felt was clunky in execution. Yet, as I noted in a previous post, I don't think I can ignore the addition of Black to the deck-but as I pointed out above, I don't want to make many demands on the color. Dig Up is perfect for this: early game it is a card that keeps the lands coming. In the late game, it can find me the Armageddon that I need. 

Testing and goldfishing has also lead me to decide to cut one Unstoppable Ash as well. As much as I love the effect for the deck, the cost of championing a creature is a real thing. It's definitely the sort of high impact card for Xnoybis that I want to play, but the drawback keeps it from meeting Hexdrinker rule status. 



No comments:

Post a Comment