Thursday, May 18, 2023

Is There A Ghost (redux)

If I'm going to take apart the Omega Supreme deck, maybe another deck can benefit. (Going back two years for this nonsense. Wild.)

3 Forked-Branch Garami
4 Loam Dweller
3 Kodama of the South Tree
2 Suture Spirit
2 Changeling Titan
4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Elder Pine of Jukai
2 Kataki, War's Wage
2 Angel of Flight Alabaster

2 Shining Shoal
2 Unchecked Growth
4 Crib Swap

3 Sungrass Prairie
5 Plains
7 Forest
1 Gavony Township
2 Stirring Wildwood
4 Fortified Village

2 Terashi's Grasp
2 Enshrined Memories

It doesn't have to be like this, right? So many weaksauce spirits and there are so many more options now!

What if I tried this:

3 Kodama of the South Tree
4 Chameleon Colossus
2 Kataki, War's Wage
2 Angel of Flight Alabaster
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
2 Rampaging Baloths
3 Kura, the Boundless Sky
3 Kodama of the West Tree
1 Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
2 Selfless Spirit

4 Jugan Defends the Temple

2 Shining Shoal
4 Crib Swap

3 Sungrass Prairie
5 Plains
7 Forest
1 Gavony Township
2 Stirring Wildwood
4 Fortified Village

2 Enshrined Memories

The hiccup now is, I believe, Rampaging Baloths. Sure, they're cool but I'm not cheating the card out soon enough to make it worth it. I think a couple copies of The Wandering Emperor might be in order here. 

(Ed. I got to play a couple games with this version and mana was just savage. I mulliganed down to 4 in multiple games because I could not find any land. So hiccup #2 is: Enshrined Memories. Cutting those for a land and perhaps a 3rd Wandering Emperor is more helpful.

Unfortunately, Jugan Defends the Temple is also bad, and needs to be something else. I'm actually considering Invasion of Moag, because my experience with Oath of Ajani has been very positive! I have some fliers to help me destroy the Invasion so it's worth mucking around. 

I want to use Prizefight as a way to help eliminate creatures, but I just don't think I've got the creature suite for it. 

In some ways, this is reflective of a problem I'm starting to have with the game: the best things have been set and what shakes that up? Not much, that I can tell. I don't want all my G/W decks to start with the same base 10 cards, or any U/x decks to start with the same base 12. That's what it seems to come down to though, and I'm feeling discouraged).

No comments:

Post a Comment