Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Ain't So Bored

(Edit; meant to post this on Thursday so...no Thursday post!)

Chillout Tent vs Mono B screenshot

So wrapping this one up with a final tweak to the sideboard.

I forget that sideboards are good places to tailor the deck to the metagame you face: as much as Dredge might be an issue, most people I play against don't run a lot of heavy graveyard specific things.

I tend to get 3 kinds of decks: weird tribal (zombies, horses), weird old school (Let's make Scroll Rack a thing again), and Blue or Red goodstuff. 

That's not exclusive, of course but the point is that I can't plan for everything, I should plan for my own meta.

And Lauriel spent a good portion of my last playtest burning the heck out of me. That's not the first time she's taken an overlooked red card and built a deck around it, either. Which means I should sideboard for that, instead of using Tormod's Crypt. So I did a little digging and feel like Kor Firewalker would be my best option. Against a lot of burn decks, I find you need just a little more time-3, 4 life gained and you can turn the game around. Plus, the Firewalker can play defense or offense, something Dragon's Claw cannot do.

3 Patrol Hound
2 Eternal Dragon
3 Karmic Guide
3 Seasoned Hallowblade
2 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
2 Emeria Shepherd
3 Emissary of Sunrise
1 Sun Titan

3 Elspeth Conquers Death

2 Miraculous Recovery
3 Vengeful Dreams
3 Shelter

1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
22 Plains

3 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants

1 Wrath of God
1 Kirtar's Wrath
3 Resurrection

15 Sideboard
SB: 3 Spirit of the Labyrinth
SB: 3 Sanctum Prelate
SB: 4 Kor Firewalker
SB: 3 Deafening Silence
SB: 2 Wrath of God

No comments:

Post a Comment