Thursday, January 28, 2021

Call My Body Home

OK, so where was I going with retiring all those Blue decks recently?

This: 

4 Izzet Signet
3 Booby Trap

3 Precognition

4 Incinerate
4 Counterspell
4 Memory Lapse
2 Whispers of the Muse
2 Capsize

8 Mountain
4 Caldera Lake
8 Island
4 Temple of Epiphany

2 Ghitu Fire
3 Breaking Point
2 Rolling Thunder
2 Dream Cache
1 Argivian Restoration
This is a very old deck, named after a Monkeywrench song, (which just rips).

And what Call My Body Home wants to do is use Precognition to allow me to name the precise card that Booby Trap needs to trigger. Rolling Thunder and Breaking Point are there to help keep the board clear of creatures, but I'm not above using an Incinerate to help, nor a Memory Lapse to substitute for Precognition's ability.

With 10 damage done, another Booby Trap, or the use of Argivian Restoration should do the trick. But, helpfully, a lot of Magic decks are interested in using their pilot's life total as a resource, so I'm certainly not above using Incinerate to finish the game either, after they've drained themselves for four or mroe life. 

And now that I have freed up some Blue and Red cards, including lands that will produce those colors, I'm hoping that I can buttress this deck into something that can play a reasonable game. It might be a little weird, and if I can keep the deck creatureless I'd like to do that. Being creatureless is a very difficult thing in Magic now, but that's the direction this deck wants to go in, I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment