Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Sorry Sorry Legs

Let's start with the changes. 

Fortunately, my mana base seemed pretty solid but there were some obvious tweaks I needed to make, after playing just one match against Noah. 

But it was very clear that Breaking Point wasn't cutting it, Dream Cache was too slow, as was Capsize and Whispers of the Muse. 

Noah's suggestion? Lantern of Insight.

Huh. Well that just saved me four mana. 

Call My Body Home vs goblins
I could try copies of Hinder, too: they are in theme. Sulfurous Blast will do a better job of keeping creatures off of me than Breaking Point and also chips away at the opponent's life total.

Getting to six mana to cast Booby Trap is critical, and Caldera Lake is inefficient. I have a soft spot for the Tempest dual lands but they probably need to be delegated to Commander decks. I've got a couple lzzet Boilerworks, so they can sub in.

Thanks to the dismantling of other decks, I can also put in a Shivan Reef for mana, and copies of Fire/Ice, to help keep my options high and the mana curve low.

I also want to take a chance on two other cards: Risk Factor and Metamorphose. With the Jump-Start mechanic and instant speed, I'm hoping that Risk Factor will put a squeeze on opponents, helping me draw into needed cards. 

Metamorphose is flat out weird and I want to use that as a back pocket answer to troublesome permanents-including planeswalkers-that can then set me up for a Booby Trap play. But it's definitely a high risk, high reward moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment