Thursday, February 11, 2021

Deep Down In My Pores

Call my body home vs 5 color

 The problem is choice.

I love Risk Factor-opponents keep eating a lot of damage, instead of letting me draw cards. Which is great. Except, if I cannot close the game out then I'm still in trouble. 

And the problem with denying me cards is that I am less likely to see a Booby Trap, which is how I want to close games out. 

The upside: games are coming down to very thin margins. I feel as though I'm almost there. The downside: I'm not quite getting there. 

One spell that feels like it's been underperforming, surprisingly, is Hinder. It's good and it fits the theme, but it isn't contributing to the win condition. I'm looking at Ionize right now, but Dissolve and Sinister Sabotage help me dig into my deck and are also on my radar.

I've also been testing three copies of Storm's Wrath instead of one and two Rolling Thunder. Rolling Thunder can set up a big turn of damage, but Storm's Wrath does more for less, overall and will hit Planeswalkers, which just isn't something one can ignore anymore. The upside to Rolling Thunder-that it can kill 5 toughness creatures-isn't enough, I think. 

I believe I'm in the final stretch, though: just a little tweak here and there and Call My Body Home is almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment