Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Crawling and Scraping

Call My Body home vs W token deck

Is Risk Factor underrated? I ask because when was the last time you saw anyone run or talk about that card?

Looking at some stats at mtggoldfish.com, all I see are Commander decks-with one Brawl deck. So it doesn't seem to be setting the world on fire.

However; this card is doing some real work, and the Jump-Start ability isn't to be laughed at. 

It's an instant, it's cheap, it's repeatable. 

This might just meet the Hexdrinker rule. Because when I tested two copies, my opponents routinely just ate the four damage, even on the second activation. Since I can hold it as an instant, that means I don't have to drop shields to play it, if I have the counterspell and throwing an extra land away to do it again isn't the cost one might think.

With eight damage coming off one card, that means Booby Trap doesn't have to do quite as much work.

I think I'm going to have to bump Risk Factor up to four copies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment