Thursday, July 8, 2021

All of the Time

Stone Meadow isn't working with black cards

(Ed. note: I meant to post this on Tuesday but...)

The addition of Black was a quick experiment. The option to add Hunted Horror and Clackbridge Troll was too good.

However, the mana just didn't work out. Even after taking apart Motormaster for lands/ideas, the mana just isn't there. For a deck like this that wants double blue by turn three, double black by turn two and white mana on turns one or two...well, it would require an investment into the manabase that I am unwilling to make. Games were clearly not working well and even when I would resolve a threat, it was too little, too late. 

So, I'm going to stick with the U/W build and I'm doing this because I think Blue offers me more options. 

I was definitely thinking about Strict Proctor as an addition to Stone Meadow: another way to duplicate Hushbringer's effect and as a flier, the possibility of attacking is higher than the Honor Guard. 

However, Proctor impacts every triggered ability, not just creatures. That means that my Banishing Lights no longer banish, without paying 2 more. And I can't pay that kind of tax on my removal.

The Planeswalkers have also been suboptimal. That's a bummer, because I was really hoping for something here but: Jace isn't helping and Dovin is more of a sideboard solution card. 

I think I've hit the "this is pretty frustrating" portion of the build. The cards I want to have aren't working out and I'm not sure what I should be doing. Except I know that as it's going, the deck should be U/W. 


No comments:

Post a Comment