Tuesday, April 20, 2021

The Retired: Motormaster

Let's build a Memnarch deck, I thought, once, years ago. 

 2 Jayemdae Tome
2 Scepter of Fugue
2 Darksteel Ingot
3 Talisman of Dominance
1 Talisman of Progress
3 Dispeller's Capsule

2 Ethersworn Shieldmage
4 Vedalken Engineer
3 Memnarch
1 Gold Myr
1 Leaden Myr
2 Silver Myr
3 Leonin Abunas

3 Dromar's Charm

4 Cloudpost
3 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers
2 Dromar's Cavern
6 Island
4 Silent Clearing

1 Tezzeret the Seeker

4 Thoughtcast
And...I mean I guess it is that. But I'll admit, this deck is one of those 'let's take a Commander concept and try to make it a 60 card deck concept. Which isn't a bad thing, but the execution is really soft. If I'm going to steal everyone's stuff and use it against them, then I should be going all in on this idea. 

This deck does not go all in on this idea. It goes all in on playing artifacts, but those artifacts aren't either a) powerful enough on their own or b) generating an overwhelming synergy my opponents can't stop. 

So; time to find better uses for Leonin Abunas, Tezzeret and heck, even Memnarch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment