Tuesday, April 27, 2021

My Kingdom Lies Within

First thing's first: run this through the Deckstats analysis. The result: not enough red mana, not a bad curve. So that's easily fixable but my concern is that the power level of BWF&S is clearly out of whack. 

So let's get to work. 

Cuts: Arc Blade, Tenza, Plague Wind, Peat Bog, Kamahl Pit Fighter, Kuldortha Ringleader, Strangling Soot, Barbarian Outcast, and one Mountain and Swamp.

Add in: 4 Embercleave, 3 Fearless Liberator, 3 Eradicator Valkyrie, 2 Bedevil, 3 Mardu Strike Leader, 2 Scorching Dragonfire, 4 Blightstep Pathway and 3 Bloodsoaked Champion.

This is, hopefully, a much more aggressive build that plays to the strengths of attacking for a whole bunch of damage. 

Goldfishing has been interesting, I will say that. There's a very cool interaction between Eradicator Valkyrie and Bloodsoaked Champion and we shall see how that plays out. 

It is at this moment that I realize I've abandoned the thematic elements for a deck-no Death Wind to replace Plague Wind. Hm. Maybe we'll justify the Eradicator Valkyrie as the Black Wind, and Scorching Dragonfire keeps the Fire element. Embercleave nails the Steel part so...I guess I'm still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment