Tuesday, October 19, 2021

My Long List of Crimes

Fatalist vs GU Spells

Everything was fine (sorta). Really! Sure, Fatalist was having trouble if games went long and playing against Noah's G/B deck that generated tokens was a problem for cards like Bad Moon, but that was all expected. 

The games weren't going badly and then I showed Noah my whole list and he said:

"I think Rotting Regisaur is working in opposition to what you want to do with cards like Bad Moon." Namely, until I've got zero cards in hand, Regisaur wants to say in my hand, and unless I get enough mana to play everything out-and Fatalist is working on tight margins-it's just not so helpful.

Well....crap. 

So, what now? The suggestion of Oathsworn Knight was a very interesting one, as it has some synergies with Drana. It's also pretty aggressive, which isn't a bad thing either. Knight of the Ebon Legion was also added in a 3-1 split, so that I'd have more one drops. We had a game to test it but neither card showed up. 

Remembering it now, what Noah also said was that four copies of Regisaur is a lot. Maybe if I only ran two or three, that would let me keep the big dino in. Because the creature is pretty nasty when he lands. That said, I get that having two copies in hand-a scenario fairly likely- means that I can only use one. 

The other thing is that Fatalist is crowded at the two mana slot-three and one are where I have openings but selections get a bit more challenging. The three slot doesn't have a standout that fits the aggressive nature of the deck and the one slot has similar challenges. 

On the upside, I feel like Fatalist has gotten to the point where I'm talking about shaving a card, not revamping a deck. That's a good place to get to.



No comments:

Post a Comment