Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Secret Double Lives

Fatalist vs Tax Rack

One thing that Midnight Hunt brought us was Infernal Grasp. I'd be foolish not to use the card over Eliminate-the loss of two life for a monocolored aggro deck shouldn't be a problem at all.

Also, the three drop that Dross Harvester was cut for: Rotting Regisaur. Because of course it is: at three mana it's the biggest thing I can be doing. 

Haste creatures have been a delightful add to the deck. It's shifted my play patterns, I've noticed: I'll withhold spells for a turn to develop my manabase, so I can play two spells in a single turn and still forward my win condition. If there's one good thing about having and trying to play so many decks, it is that the puzzle I'm trying to solve changes and creates changes in how I approach play. 

It's been doing well against the decks I've been playing-some aggro, some control, but I haven't played against too much permission and I don't expect things will go quite so well. 

This does present options for the sideboard, though: Duress and Hymn to Tourach are available, cheap and while they do eat into the aggressive plan-well, what doesn't? Leyline of the Void as a staple of sideboards, and it might even be worth considering Shambling Ghast against other aggressive decks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment