Tuesday, July 12, 2022

I Was Told

Hold The Heathen Hammer vs UB graveyard funstuff
Hold The Heathen Hammer High has achieved the basic level of success: I can do alright vs. friends. I like how this deck plays and what it can do.

But in the larger meta I'm playing in, whoooo does it get ripped. 

I did get one very cool suggestion that I'm testing out; Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh. The nod came from someone playing at the Friday Night events and is a wild idea but mana is tight in HTHHH, Rograkh is free and has a suite of abilities that are incredibly helpful for my deck!

One casualty of the deck is Cloudsteel Kirin. I really want to like it-flying is a great ability and the 'can't lose the game' clause is neat!

But is it relevant? 

I want to get my opponent dead when I cast these Reconfigure creatures. The Kirin doesn't add to power/toughness, so under the best circumstances I am paying three mana to let a creature fly. 

I can do better.

As a pure amusement, I'm trying out Molten Psyche in the deck. It won't work, the slot should belong to Galvanic Blast or Path to Exile and I know it. But I kinda can't help myself. I want to give at least a couple games with the Psyche a shot-card draw is always neat, right? 

That all said, I think some things have been settled. This isn't quite ready for prime time, even with an upgraded manabase. It IS a lot of fun and should be kept in mind as new cards arrive.

For now, I'll leave it at this:

1 Batterskull
1 Kaldra Compleat 
3 Nettlecyst 
 4 Colossus Hammer
1 Shadowspear

3 Lizard Blades
3 Sram, Senior Edificer
4 Puresteel Paladin
1 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Rabbit Battery
4 Esper Sentinel
1 Halvar, God of Battle
3 Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh

4 Sigarda's Aid

1 Galvanic Blast
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Path to Exile

7 Mountain
10 Plains
4 Rustvale Bridge

Sideboard
1 Sword of the Realms 
 2 Sword of Fire and Ice
3 Unlicensed Hearse
4 Path to Exile
3 Red Elemental Blast
3 Wear // Tear

Matt suggested a main deck Enlightened Tutor and that seems like a pretty useful idea. I did cut the Molten Psyche for a Galvanic Blast and a Path to Exile-because for some reason, I only have one Galvanic Blast. (They're probably in another deck.)


No comments:

Post a Comment