Thursday, March 9, 2023

Daxos: Battle Report

I ran Daxos in a 5 player game and here's the setup:

Caitlin with Ravos, Soultender and Tana, the Bloodsower.
Kate: Odric, Lunarch Marshal
Matt: Merierke Ri Berit
Eric: Tasigur, the Golden Fang

I got a reasonably stable board-using Treasury Thrull to recycle cards like Aura of Silence to take out Caitlin’s Coat of Arms and Aura Shards, or Command Sphere to draw multiple times.

But I held off, casting a Bestowed Celestial Archon on Corpse Augur, with the plan being to cast a Deadly Tempest then my Commander next turn.

However, Caitlin had had enough of my shenanigans and cast both Overwhelming Stampede and Beastmaster’s Ascension, then swung at me with 7 8/8’s

Did I do something wrong or did I just wait a turn too long? I feel like the lesson is probably that I am likely a turn behind what I think I am, and I should press my game further as a result.

Still, the deck was doing good things. Corpse Augur might not be appropriate-which would make a fine space for another card. But I do still need a way to draw card. Profane Procession might be the glory of cool things but where else should it go?

Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment