Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Retired: We Bite

 I think it's fair to say that if I've been through a deck and am not more interested in playing than I was, it's worth retiring. 

3 Whispersilk Cloak

2 Stigma Lasher
3 Kris Mage
3 War Elemental
2 Blood Knight
2 Mogg Fanatic
3 Hazoret the Fervent
3 Stromkirk Occultist

4 Seal of Fire

4 Chain of Plasma
4 Fiery Temper
4 Fireblast

2 Forgotten Cave
21 Mountain

I still believe there's something to be said for the risk/reward of having almost no hand size; Hazoret the Fervent is a pretty great payoff. Seal of Fire is perfect for the theme, Stromkirk Occultist keeps the cards coming.

I think I have to admit that the card I want to build around, War Elemental, is the problem here. Big dumb dorks that don't have an impact on the board are not helpful for winning games of Magic and it's time I let this concept go. There are several cards that will be better served in decks with tighter themes or better lynchpins and I look forward to adding them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment