Thursday, December 7, 2023

The Retired: Cutthroat

 "What if I had a deck that just took care of all the problematic permanents?"

2 Rith, the Awakener
1 Cloudchaser Eagle
2 Aven Cloudchaser
2 Tephraderm
4 Flametongue Kavu
3 Elvish Visionary
1 Godsire
3 Uktabi Orangutan
3 Stonecloaker
3 Civic Wayfinder
2 Meglonoth

3 Reinforcements

3 Rith's Grove
1 Naya Panorama
8 Forest
6 Plains
6 Mountain

3 Lava Burst
4 Gift of the Gargantuan

Well, the answer is: you do all the things sorta and none of the things well. In this respect, this deck isn't living up to the song it's named after

This is a frequent theme in decks I build. I rarely want to focus on the one thing; I want to have outs to problems, instead of insisting that my opponents respond to me. I've been getting better about this, but I still have to fight against those tendencies. 

Cutthroat is a fine example of the old way of thinking and that's a good reason to retire this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment