Thursday, January 11, 2024

Brown Bears

 After several plays, it's apparent that I'm trying to take a weak creature type and shore up those with some strong cards. 

Which, duh right? Still! We take our shots. 

First, let's add in some ways to make extra bears when our bears get the axe: Caller of the Claw. I resisted this card for a bit because it isn't a bear but even if I only get a bear and the Caller, that's a good rate for three mana. If I can get more? Then I'm definitely being efficient. 

Next: it has become very apparent how important Ayula is to this deck. Games just go so much better if she's in play, that finding her is critical, so Time of Need to help make sure that happens. If you already have an Ayula in play, having another one is good to get, and if you've already got another one, there is nothing wrong with searching up the Ruxa, Patient Professor

I've also added in more Ashcoat Bears because America's #1 Threat has been living too much on its own turn. Having the ability to play anything as an instant means that the deck can utilize Ayula's triggers or even present more threats than expected, and then untap with a full suite of mana. Anything to let the deck interact is a good idea. 

Inscription of Abundance has been OK, but only OK. I'm going to up it to four, to see if a more consistent showing tells me more. However I think I have to admit that the abilities are all just adequate and unless the mana is there to do all then maybe it's on the cutting block.

No comments:

Post a Comment