Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Blender (Or Bonecrusher Redux)

Here's what I settled on, at least for now:

2 Goblin King
3 Goblin Lackey
3 Goblin Matron
3 Goblin Ringleader
2 Warren Instigator
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Putrid Goblin
2 Murderous Redcap
3 Skirk Prospector
1 Sling-Gang Lieutenant
1 Pashalik Mons
2 Munitions Expert
1 Skirk Fire Marshal

4 Angel's Grace
4 First Day of Class

12 Mountain
4 Sunbaked Canyon
3 Swamp
4 Foreboding Ruins

I'm leaning hard on the goblins to do goblin things, and Angel's Grace to save me in case of emergency. The mana is absolutely absurd, but I don't want to run lands that enter tapped because this is an aggressive deck and I don't want to spend a ton of money to upgrade it.

What I've got here, I hope, is a aggro deck with a backup plan. Sure, I can flood the board with Goblins, pump them via the lord effects and go to town. However, if the ground game stalls, using Skirk Prospector, First Day of Class and either of the persist goblins can generate infinite mana-which I can hopefully use to get more goblins in hand and keep rolling- or infinite damage which explains itself.

I will also admit that the two copies of Goblin King are absolutely The Glory Of Cool things. But so is the whole concept, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment