Thursday, January 4, 2024

Kaalia's Cuts

The first thing I did was sit down with my friend and justify every card in the deck. Where I couldn't, I figured that card could be replaced. Here's where I started:

Molten Slagheap and Rupture Spire.

These lands are just not where you want to be, ever. Terminal Moraine isn't great but I have a soft spot for older cards.  

Righteous Cause, Bathe In Light, Cleansing Beam, Syphon Mind, Evincar's Justice.

These cards just don't fit in well with what the deck does. 

Reiver Demon, Dread Cacodemon, Oros, the Avenger, Malfegor, Anger, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls

Finally, these creatures are simply outclassed by modern stuff. And modern problems require modern solutions.

Here's what I'm adding in:

Bloodgift Demon, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Atsushi, the Blazing Sky, Liesa, Forgotten Archangel, Kaalia, Zenith Seeker, Vilis, Broker of Blood, Lighting Greaves, Corpse Explosion, Quicksilver Amulet and Dihada, Binder of Wills. 

The idea is; let's get some nasty things out, and keep drawing cards to ensure I can continiue to get nasty things out.

I'm also adding in a Isshin, Two Heavens as One on a trial basis, since it really only matters if Kaalia is in play. But it's a game wrecker if it triggers.

And finally, one Nomad's Outpost for mana fixing. I like where this is sitting right now, so I'm keeping it. 

But it was a really good practice to justify the cards to someone else. I may have to keep that practice up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment