Thursday, March 21, 2013

Any Colour You Like

Article on the 'what ifs?' at the Mothership, which I found to follow a very solid line of thought.

This deck...oh man. I am dreading testing this one out.
2 Blue Elemental Blast
4 Hydroblast
4 Jolt
3 Perish
4 Soul Feast
2 Foresee

1 Chimeric Staff
1 Chimeric Mass
1 Distorting Lens
2 Chimeric Idol
2 Phyrexian Totem

2 Salt Marsh
2 Darkwater Catacombs
2 Faerie Conclave
8 Swamp
9 Island
1 Creeping Tar Pit

2 Blind Seer

4 Shifting Sky
4 Dream Tides
The base idea: turn everything threatening into a color I can destroy or counter with Shifting Sky, Blind Seer or Distorting Lens, then win on the back of artifacts that turn into creatures and Soul Feast. Hence the name, Any Colour You Like.

Why do I hate this deck? Because it's one dimensional. I made it because I could and it just doesn't have that spark, from outside, that makes me think: yeah, I should play this. It doesn't seem like fun.

Since it doesn't inspire me, perhaps it should be taken apart but before that happens, I'm going to put it through its two week trial. Everything needs a fair shot and if I still don't like it, then those cards can find homes in new decks. Should that happen, it'll be a first for me: taking apart a deck is something I never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment