Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sometimes You Find Yourself All Alone

"The problem is that I can't get devotion consistently," I told Jason.

We kept talking about what we could do to help this deck along. I couldn't figure out what to do; all of the elements were there and I didn't want to remove anything so what was my option?

Substitutions.

It took me about a day before I remembered that the black devotion decks in the early Theros days ran Underworld Connections to up their devotion and draw cards. It's more expensive than Read the Bones is but over the long game (and I think Die Alone is playing a long game) I may be able to keep drawing into things that keep the deck going. That's the next test, along with a 2 Doomwake Giant to 3 Erebos, God of the Dead split.

No comments:

Post a Comment