Friday, August 21, 2015

I Really Wanted Chromanticore

Now that Omniscience is in Die Die My Darling, it's all about the little tweaks. Unfortunately, all I've been able to do is goldfish for the past two weeks.

Sigh. What can I tell you? Adulthood means having to really carve out your free time in ways that you didn't before. Still, I've been able to goldfish quite a bit and do some research so I don't make a fool of myself.

Temple of Silence? That card is stone cold awesome here. The interactions with Sensei's Divining Top have been quite helpful.

I've also put in Scoured Barrens alongside my Orzhov Basilicas and those cards aren't bad but they do slow the deck down quite a bit. A note to make should I decide to bring this to a tournament, since tempo is always a big deal. This is also true of Persecute, of course but until I decide to play this in the Big Leagues, Persecute is a lot of fun to cast and when it hits big, it's awesome.

The challenge with goldfishing is that you just never know what card your toolbox should dish up but one advantage was, I came across a situation where I thought; Hey, I could dial up Chromanticore and put it on my Phrexian Ghoul...or can I?

Turns out, I can't:

9/15/2013If a permanent with bestow enters the battlefield by any method other than being cast, it will be an enchantment creature. You can’t choose to pay the bestow cost and have it become an Aura.

So now the card is a whole lot less useful to me. That's a bummer because Chromanticore is awesome! I wanted a 4/4 flying trampling life linking crazy beast.

However, this works out! I've been pondering what else I need to do for this deck and it's got a pretty serious aggro problem. Night of Souls' Betrayal goes a long way towards fixing that problem without significantly impacting what I'm doing. Attacking for 13 instead of 14 has things still working out for me.

I'm also thinking that an Oblivion Ring should replace one of the Seals of Doom. O-Ring can target a Planeswalker and while it's true that a 14/14 trampling dude can also take out a planeswalker, this is a superior option.

I've also been thinking about removing the second Confiscate: what for I'm not sure but...wait. Chromanticore still exists...

No comments:

Post a Comment