Thursday, February 1, 2018

Best Intentions

Apparently, when I was testing sixty card decks, I needed to go to the Tonic wanting to play Commander. Because this is the second week in a row where I have gone there hoping to play Commander and ended up playing sixty card decks.

One guy even recognized me and told me he was thrilled to play some of his other decks, because everyone was so focused on Commander there.

So there's that.

Don't get me wrong: it was a pretty productive evening. I lost a fair share of games but I think I've got a solid handle on why I lost them.

I also ran the same decks as last week: Fenix and Hope and a wayback machine deck, 1000 Shards.

Jeeze: I've been doing this for six years! Go me!

I did get a Commander game in last night against Sasha, playing Arahbo, and it did not go well. I had the mana, but I did not have the ability to match against that deck's sheer power. A creature hooked up with Argentum Armor and boom. That was it. I had the mana to do something about it, I just didn't have anything else.

Now on one hand; budget deck, so that's to be expected.

On the other: this represents an interesting problem that Sygg is going to have all the time.I wonder how I will be able to solve it.

And by that I mean: what method will work. Not 'how can I possibly'.

2 comments:

  1. Boomerang, vision charm,Arcum Dagsson,Master Thief

    on theme- Kukemssa Pirates
    best option- Kefnet's Last Word

    some kind of tezzeret?

    Relic Putrescence is cute
    Xenic Poltergeist + kill spell is cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budget friendly mana intensive options
    Unstable Obelisk
    Universal Solvent

    ReplyDelete