Thursday, May 24, 2018

Everyday It's The Same

"I like what you're doing here," Jason told me.

So I got that going for me! I was able to stall out two of his combo decks in unexpected ways for him and Faith of the Devoted fit its role as a win condition accelerant. My favorite moment was when I cycled a Nimble Obstructionist to counter the trigger on Barren Glory. He then drew a card and I was able to mop up after that.

After some games against Noah last weekend that stopped his Stifle/Dreadnought deck, he was also impressed by how Everything Ends has come along. All signs I'm headed in the right direction.

On the other hand, it's slow. I don't know that I can fix that. But it's fun and the Diabolic Intents have had a positive effect, both in accelerating and making the deck more consistent. In two different games with Noah, I sacrificed my Stinkweed Imp for the Intent's cost and was then able to dredge to help forward my game plan, while fortifying my defenses on the next turn.

This interaction is almost better than I could ask for, but it isn't consistent enough for me to rely on.

Jason asked me to send him the decklist so I did; maybe something will come from that, maybe not. If it does, then I'll probably shuffle this up for a little longer. If not, then I'm ready to move on. Everything Ends is a fun deck and tilts towards some decent multiplayer action but it's slow and suffers tremendously from graveyard hate splash damage.

Even with mana upgrades, I'm not certain this could improve, so it might be time to set it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment