Thursday, May 10, 2018

Where The Hell Am I Going

Matt emailed me: 'Faith of the Devoted would go well in your deck.'

Huh.

Unlike Drake Haven, FotD represents a win condition separate from creatures attacking. This could be huge in regards to helping push Everything Ends forward. However, even when FotD isn't a win condition by itself, it does offer me the opportunity to gain something this deck has needed: time. Two life every turn or so can be huge, allowing me extra draws I wouldn't get, while pressuring opponents, allowing me to eventually assemble my pieces. Plus, the ability affects opponents, plural, like Archfind of Ifnir, so this gives Everything Ends reach in multiplayer games.

And it's possible that Everything Ends is stronger as a multiplayer deck, not a 1v1 deck. But before I pull the trigger on that, I'm going to go all in with one final change: cutting the 4 Spiketail Hatchlings.

I don't particularly want to, because they're a cheap threat with the OK upside of potentially stalling the game just a little, but this isn't a Mortal Combat deck anymore. And Nimble Obstructionist is doing a fine job of mucking up plans at unexpected moments.

Time to start digging into the archives and seeing what I get.

Cadaver Imp catches my eye first, and not just because it's and alphabetical list. I'd been thinking about a flying Gravedigger and this is definitely that, although the mana requirements make it a little tricky. Ravos, Soultender though...that could be very cool. The drawback: It's five mana. The impact on the board isn't insignificant, but Everything Ends already has a slower start. It's probably not viable but it's damned interesting.

I did (re)discover another tutor though, one that fits very, very well in this deck: Diabolic Intent. Likely better than Gravedigger, the Intent can really help me bring the deck together while also having synergy with my Oversold Cemetery. Plus, at two mana, it's cheap enough that I can continue to make plays in the early game, or do more in a single turn during the midgame than I would with more expensive tutors. And with over twenty five creatures, I shouldn't have too much trouble finding targets...I hope.

Diabolic Intent is where I'm going to start: of the other options, this one is the most straightforward answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment