Thursday, August 2, 2018

Monster In The Parasol

Another hot mess, this time the title is taken from the catchy Queens of the Stone Age song. The premise: let's play green legends, and green legends are always giant monsters, right? (Well...sometimes)

I hope to use Reki, The History of Kamigawa to keep the pressure on and Emerald Medallion to give me access to big nasties like Silvos, Rogue Elemental a lot sooner than turn six. And who doesn't want to cast Silvos? Nobody. `
1 Sword of the Chosen
4 Emerald Medallion

1 Iwamori of the Open Fist
1 Jugan, the Rising Star
1 Mirri, Cat Warrior
1 Silvos, Rogue Elemental
1 Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
3 Reki, the History of Kamigawa
3 Arashi, the Sky Asunder
4 Heart Warden
1 Omnath, Locus of Mana
4 Baru, Fist of Krosa

2 Evolution Charm
2 Molder
3 Setessan Tactics

21 Forest
1 Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers
1 Yavimaya Hollow

2 Time of Need
3 Kamahl's Druidic Vow
Dominaria has actually inspired me to come back to this deck. Kamahl's Drudic Vow seems like the ideal card for this deck, right? Ramp AND Legendary acquisition? What could go wrong? (I mean, a lot but...).

I'm also looking at the suite of instants and I'm just not sure about it. I've been running cards like Molder for a long time because I needed to have access to artifact/enchantment destruction. As Monster's themes take shape, that need might have to be set aside for a more focused build.

On the upside, I don't have to worry about mana ratios. Now it's just a matter of seeing how cohesive the deck is. Spoiler: It isn't. But that's why we practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment