Thursday, August 30, 2018

Yer A Wizard

I did some research on Inalla, drawing from this list I found via the EDH subreddit, and the Professor's video (in conjunction with the Laboratory Maniacs) on the subject.

With that in mind, here's the first round of changes:

Out
Mystifying Maze
Cauldron Dance
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mairsil, the Pretender
Magus of the Abyss
Taigam, Sidisi's Hand
Mirror of the Forebears
Shifting Shadow

In
Deadeye Navigator
Vedalken Aethermage
Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
Izzet, Rakdos, and Dimir Cluestones
Turnabout
Notion Thief
Dragon Mage
Wanderwine Prophets

Here's the plan: use Deadeye Navigator to help abuse Inalla's ability. Cluestones for mana ramp and when the ramp is done, trade them for new cards. Turnabout to let me abuse the untap ability or turn the tide in a way opponents won't expect. Dragon Mage and Notion Thief are a pretty broken combo but even if I don't get them together, they have solid uses individually. If you watched the video, you'll see that Wanderwine Prophets can be a win condition by itself. Veldaken Aethermage is the autoinclude tutor.

And if you're noting that I have put in ten cards and only taken out eight, good eye! But I can't remember what the two cards I removed are. I promise, I only have 99 cards in the main.

The cuts come from my belief that those cards just don't mesh with the mechanical theme I'm trying to explore: Cauldron Dance, for example, is card that cares about combat tricks with creatures but that is not this deck. That, and Mystifying Maze does what it does in such an inept manner that it's probably a candidate for the Trump administration.

So that's the setup, and the mana, according to the Deckstats calculator, seems to be in a good place. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment