Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Warped And Bubbling

I went in and made some changes, mostly taken from the Legendary Artifacts list from the last post.

The one I'm most excited about: Traxos, Scourge of Kroog. Incredibly likely to untap, comes out on turn three or four, a 7/7 with trample: what's not to love?

Monsters In Your Parasol vs Mono B Demons
I'm also splitting up the Emerald Medallions for two Rhona's Monuments. While not as encompassing as the Medallion the Legendary status means I can get triggers for Reki and give even smaller creatures a bonus, making them a threat.

Bow of Nylea is also going in. The options it can provide while making even my small mana dorks a thread seems useful.

Jason recommended Rofellos because a lot of his suggestions come from the Urza's block era, which is one he loves due to it's raw power. And Rofellos is pretty damn powerful-but it's also in a different deck that I don't see a replacement for.

Which is a damn shame because there are a lot more Forests in this deck.

Still, with eight spells to reduce costs or boost mana, I'm not sure that having a fragile ramp spell, as powerful as Rofellos is, would be helpful.

It might be worth considering adding a second Omnath instead. While not a mana producer in the traditional sense, it is a card that could help ramp my deck up.

But I'll need to get some testing in and see where it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment