Thursday, April 18, 2019

A Wolf's Endeavor

We Bite vs UB Faeries
I feel alright about this. We Bite is in a good spot with enough synergies and fire to pull off games even against some challenging counterspell decks like blue/black faeries.

Control matchups become an exercise in patience, saving burn spells for the opponent's turn in order to draw out counterspells vs trying to advance my own board as quickly as possible.

The suggestion of Whispersilk Cloak has been a huge boon to the deck too, increasing the number of cards opponents have to deal with. As with any deck, the goal is to run the opponent out of answers and win with the one thing they can't handle anymore.

And We Bite definitely has the kind of threat density that I am hoping for.

Sure, sometimes I try and live the dream and use an unprotected War Elemental to win...and well, that usually ends the way one might suppose. However, the sense I get when I play this deck is that I have improved the odds, cleared out some deadwood and made a better build. Time to move on.

3 Whispersilk Cloak

2 Stigma Lasher
3 Kris Mage
3 War Elemental
2 Blood Knight
2 Mogg Fanatic
3 Hazoret the Fervent
3 Stromkirk Occultist

4 Seal of Fire

4 Chain of Plasma
4 Fiery Temper
4 Fireblast

2 Forgotten Cave
21 Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment