Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Gore And Blood

A conversation I recently had with Jason regarding the Optimus Maximus deck we're trying to build.

Me: I especially think you don't want to run Roll Out: dead cards are bad news. Matrix of Leadership makes more sense in that slot.

J: Roll Out is not a dead card! I serves a big role. You can't play it but combat flips are huge, plan is huge, swapping for a green is huge. Give up a card you can play or Roll Out?

Me: >Roll Out is not a dead card!

or


>You can't play it

---------------------------------------

In multiple games with We Bite, I found myself with an extra Hazoret, the Feverent or War Elemental in hand I could not play. Either because I had no way to rid myself of the extra cards in time (Hazoret) or War Elemental was my only card in hand after my battlefield had been swept away.
This is the challenge of doing weird decks; there are dead cards sometimes: I can build around the War Elemental all I want and sometimes the deck just won't help me out. Still, I want to stick with it but what it's meant is that instead of running four of each of those Cutting one of each of them has allowed for me to run the copies of Whispersilk Cloak that I need.

Part of me doesn't like doing this, I hear a voice saying "You're diluting the concept! What's the point if you don't stick to it?" and that's not wrong. 

But what's the point of executing the concept if the result is perpetual fail states? 

So, instead of insisting that either I keep the concept or ditch the whole thing, I'm going to fudge it a bit and water down the concept as little as possible, while opening up better windows to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment